- Art & Collectibles
- Books & Comics
- Clothing & Apparel
- Food & Drink
- Health & Beauty
- Music & Audio
- Incense, Oils & Herbs
- Pet Supplies
- Toys & Games
Baphomart House Rules
Find our legal terms and policies
Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy
In this policy, we’ll refer to Baphomart.com as the “Site” and Baphomart’s mobile application as the “App”. We’ll refer to the Site, the Apps, and our other services collectively as the “Services”. Baphomart Ltd is referred to as “Baphomart” throughout this policy. We’ll refer to cookies and similar technologies collectively as “Cookie Technologies”.
1. Types of Cookie Technologies
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognise your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the Site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the site, and allow Baphomart to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than Baphomart, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they allow us to help Baphomart function and customise your experience. You can configure your desktop or mobile browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies.
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Baphomart and elsewhere on the web or in mobile ecosystems.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels”) with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
- Application SDKs: These are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in the Apps (and are used in many mobile applications). These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the app itself, activity in the app, and the device the application is running on.
- Local Storage Objects: These are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, a history of usage, or even the state or settings of a site or an app.
Baphomrt uses Cookie Technologies to recognise your logged-in state on Baphomart, to understand what purchases members and visitors are interested in, to make Baphomart’s Sites function for you, and to help your browsing experience and use of the Site, Services, and Apps feel more customised. Baphomart uses Cookie Technologies for the following.
Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that Baphomart works properly for visitors and members, such as maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the Site, authentication and logging into Baphomart (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and User Preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as keeping yourself logged in when returning to Baphomart, maintaining your choices and how you want Baphomart to appear (including keeping track of your preferred language and country).
Social networks may also work with Baphomart or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network.
Performance and Analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to improve Baphomrt and the Services, including, for example, data on site and app functionality and speed to help us optimise Baphomart, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on Baphomart, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help make the Site work better.
In addition, Baphomart may employ transient technologies, including cookies or local stored objects, for site performance, experiments, form information, and interactions with the site, and may use temporary, short-term cookies for limited-time site events such as sales and promotions.
The Site employs Google Analytics to help understand how Baphomart is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with Baphomart’s first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies) as permitted by Google’s and Baphomart’s respective policies. The Site also employs Facebook App Events SDKs for analytics in the Apps in a similar fashion, subject to your Opt-Out.
Baphomart partners with third-party service providers that may use various Cookie Technologies to permit us and them to learn about which ads you see and click when you visit Baphomart, the Apps, and affiliated sites or to show you ads on and off Baphomart. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates which advertising or marketing source brought someone to Baphomart, or determines which marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing and retargeting, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on Baphomart;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognises actions across multiple devices or browsers.
Some third-party service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well.
3. Services in the Apps (SDKs)
The Apps may include third-party application software development kits (“SDKs”) that provide mobile performance and analytics data, bug reporting features, and application program interfaces (“APIs”) to third parties that help provide the Services, for social media functionality, and for marketing and advertising.
4. Consent, Contract, and Legitimate Interests in Processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with Baphomart to perform the services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the service noted above.
5. Managing Your Cookie Technology Preferences
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies. You can opt out of third party marketing cookies and similar technologies via the GDPR Preferences link. You can also manage your Baphomart marketing preferences in you communication preference via your dashboard
Opt-in and Opt-out for Browsers
In addition, when you use Baphomart via a browser, you can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the “options” or “preferences” menu. The links below provide information about cookie settings for the browsers supported by Baphomart:
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, in addition you may decline to receive interest based ads through via here (or if you are located outside of EU via TrustE/TrustArc’s preferences manager). Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements. If you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take advantage of Baphomart’s Services as some cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly.
You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online, particularly for many third-party advertising networks, through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://www.aboutads.info or the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Both Google and Facebook provide tools to control use of advertising on their respective platforms, including advertising on and with Baphomart. More information can be found in your account settings on the respective platforms, including in Google’s Privacy Centre and in Facebook’s Ad Settings.